RN to BSN program
Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | Online
The RN to BSN program offers registered nurses (RNs) a seamless transition from the associate degree or diploma in nursing to the baccalaureate degree. The RN to BSN program is 100% online, offers three admission cycles each year and the ability to enroll in full or part-time studies. The curriculum is current, expands upon the knowledge of the registered nurse and can be completed in one calendar year.
RN to BSN students complete two clinical courses: Professional Practicum Synthesis (NURN 4045) and Leadership and Management (NURN 4034). Professional Practicum Synthesis (NURN 4045) requires the student to complete a community-based teaching project. The teaching project is based upon the needs of a selected community. Leadership and Management (NURN 4045) requires an eight-hour leadership experience with a nurse manager.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Caring for populations rather than individuals
- Clinicals in various healthcare facilities
- Development of the professional role to include leadership and management
- Utilizing nursing research
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Development of leadership and management skills
- How to care for populations and groups
- How to read and use nursing research
- Learn the role of informatics in nursing
- Learn to be self-directed and think critically
- The advanced role of the baccalaureate prepared nurse
About This Degree
In-State: $232 | Out-of-State: $464
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Acute care
- Advanced roles in leadership and management
- Charge nurse
- Community-based environments
- Nurse leader
- Nurse Preceptor
- Nurse Supervisor
- Nursing in various specialties
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas Children's Hospital
- Arkansas Department of Health
- Baptist Health
- St. Vincent Health
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- BSN to PhD or DNP (doctoral programs)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) programs which provide eligibility for advanced practice certifications.
- Nursing board certifications (when a BSN is required)
Point of Pride
Study.com ranked the ATU Nursing program #1 in Arkansas and among the top 40 in the nation for Bachelor of Science Nursing Programs.