Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The degree prepares students to teach Physical Science and Physics in grades 7 through 12. The degree leads to a career of great significance with graduates serving a critical role in society while they empower youth to become successful in a wide variety of endeavors.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Physics and/or physics education research
- Teaching internship
- Work as a teaching assistant in physics labs
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Best practices in teaching determined by science education research
- Classroom management
- Course lesson and laboratory design
- Fundamental understanding of nature in terms of motion, forces, energy, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, quantum mechanics and relativity
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Environmental Science Teacher
- Physical Science Teacher
- Physics Teacher
- Space Science Teacher
Alumni of our program work at:
- Conway School District
- Fort Smith School District
- Little Rock School District
- Russellville School District
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Bachelor of Science-Physics
- Master of Education-Instructional Technologies
Point of Pride
Graduates of this program are fully certified to teach high school physics in Arkansas.
IT'S TIME TO STEP UP
Find out how we will empower you to meet every challenge head-on.