Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The rapid growth of the Agricultural Education program at Arkansas Tech University mirrors the opportunities for our graduates, and growing need for agriculture teachers throughout the nation. If you had an ag teacher that played a major role in your life and you would like to continue that tradition, Agriculture Education may be the major for you. There are many options following an agricultural education degree outside the classroom due to the diversity of the degree and extensive training in demonstration and teaching methods; many of our also alumni have continued on to graduate school, a career in the Cooperative Extension and agriculture industry.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Caring for livestock (AGAS 3021: Livestock Selection and Evaluation)
- Growing and caring for plants (AGPS 3044: Plant Propagation)
- Proper use of tools in an agricultural systems technology laboratory (AGED 2104: Introduction to Agricultural Systems Technology)
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Critical thinking
- Developing educational curriculum
- Managing agribusiness systems
- Marketing agriculture messages
- Teaching in various methodologies
- Utilizing educational technology
- Working with others
- Writing for public relations release
About This Degree
In-State: $232 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $464 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Cooperative Extension Agent
- Corporate Training Specialist
- High School Agriculture Teacher
- State Program Advisor
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service
- Conway High School
- Van Buren High School
- White Hall High School
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- MS in Agricultural Communications
- MS in Agricultural Education
- PhD in Agricultural Education
Point of Pride
Many alumni are in agriculture industry careers and graduate programs.