Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Online
The Bachelor of Arts in Political Science is housed within the College of Arts & Humanities. In addition to Political Science coursework, this major requires interdisciplinary studies in the areas of Sociology, Geography, Psychology, and Economics through course electives. This program is designated as a recommended option for those Pre-Law students intending to apply for law school after completion of their undergraduate degree.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Make professional presentations
- Pursuit of scholarly publications
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze, evaluate and integrate relevant facts by stating, defending and testing a thesis or hypothesis.
- Historical reasoning and knowledge of the past, including development of human society and culture.
- Understanding core concepts in government and politics, international relations, political theory and geography.
About This Degree
In-State: $232 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $464 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Government official
- Political Consultant
Alumni of our program work at:
- Historic Preservation Alliance of Arkansas
- Dardanelle High School
- Pope Country Prosecutor's Office
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Law School (external)
- Master of Arts in History (ATU)
- Ph.D. in Political Science (external)
Point of Pride
Our political science students are eligible for Phi Alpha Theta and private scholarships.