Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person
The Bachelor of Science in Mathematics for Teacher Licensure is housed within the College of Education for teacher licensure in secondary education. The curriculum provides students with a background in mathematics and pedagogy that prepares them to teach secondary level mathematics. Advanced work through teaching internships are required for the program to achieve the licensure requirements in grades 7-12.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Students in this program participate in a one-year internship in the public school system.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Students in this program will learn application of concepts from pure and applied mathematics, computer science and physics.
- Classroom management and pedagogical theory.
- Learning techniques beneficial to students studying mathematics in grades 7-12
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- High school teacher
- Mathematics curriculum coordinator
- Mathematics technology consultant
- Mathematics tutor
Alumni of our program work at:
- Russellville High School
- Clarksville High School
- Lamar High School
- Dover High School
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
Graduate degrees in mathematics education, educational administration, educational technology or education.
Point of Pride
Recently, our students have a 100% employment rate after completion of the degree.
IT'S TIME TO STEP UP
Find out how we will empower you to meet every challenge head-on.