Middle level Education
Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Middle Childhood/Early Adolescence degree exists to provide quality preservice educational programs and services in preparation for teaching grades 4-8. The program prepares and nurtures interdisciplinary teachers who reflect content knowledge as well as facilitate creative talents.
The program is designed around a conceptual framework which organizes learning expectations and experience into manageable discipline-specific strands including: professional and pedagogical knowledge, knowledge of the student, developmentally appropriate and effective practices, knowledge of integrated disciplines, global and cultural perspectives, technology and a liberal arts and science background.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Assessment development
- Field experience
- Unit and lesson plan creation
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Contributing on teams
- Creating units, lesson plans, and assessments
Working with young adolescents and diverse populations
About This Degree
In-State: $232 | Out-of-State: $464
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Middle level teacher, grades 4-8
Alumni of our program work at:
- Dardanelle School District
- Districts in Northeast and Northwest Arkansas and neighboring states
- Pottsville School District
- Russellville School District
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- EdD School Leadership
- Endorsements in Special Education and/or Dyslexia
- Master(s) in Instructional Design and Technology, Library Media Specialist, Special Education, School Counseling, Special Education, Educational Leadership
- Minor in Leadership Studies
- Master of Arts in TESOL
Point of Pride
Officers in the Collegiate Middle Level Association have served as facilitators at the Association of Middle Level Education National Conference.