Recreation and Park
Administration - Natural Resource
Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Natural Resource Emphasis prepares students to manage large parks, natural areas, and associated visitor facilities. Planning and management of land and water resources to provide outdoor recreation opportunities.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Field trips are a major part of a number of the courses in which case students get to explore the natural beauty of the state.
- Students are required to complete 100 clock hours of work with a given recreation and park administration agency.
- Students have the opportunity to plan, design and present an actual site plan for an outdoor recreation area.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Critical thinking
- Leaderships skills
- Natural resource management
- Park operations and administration
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving
- Program planning
- Sustainable management of natural resources
- Team building
About This Degree
In-State: $232 | Out-of-State: $464
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Park Law Enforcement Officer
- Park Manager
- Park Ranger
- Recreation Supervisor
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas State Parks
- Army Corps of Engineers
- National Park Service
- U.S. Forest Service
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Law Enforcement Office (Police Academy)
- MS - Natural Resource Management
- MS - Public Administration
Point of Pride
Our program is the only 4-year COAPRT (Council on Accreditation of Parks, Recreation, Tourism, and Related Professions) Accredited program in the state.