Hospitality Administration - Event Management
Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Event Management Emphasis prepares students for careers in tourism, convention and visitors bureaus and sport and event management. This emphasis will provide a background in commercial recreation, recreational sport and event management in Arkansas’ second-leading industry and the world’s largest industry. Tourism and Event Management is a collection of industries under the larger umbrella of hospitality management.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Event planning (PRHA Career Opportunity Day, PRHA Golf Tournament, and Russellville Farm-To-Table event).
- Event preparation
- Field trips with extensive tours and job shadowing.
- Management of events in the community and department
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Critical thinking
- Executing and organizing events
- Front of the house and back of the house restaurant operations
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving
- Public speaking
- Team building and teamwork
- Time management
- Working with others
- Writing proposals
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Event/Program Coordinator for College/University.
- Event/Program Coordinator for hotel conferences/conventions
- Non-Profit Executive Director
- Wedding or Event Planner
Alumni of our program work at:
- City of Bentonville/Visit Bentonville
- Little Rock Tours
- Mountain Harbor Resort
- North Little Rock CVB
- Russellville Country Club
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Certified Event Planner
- MS in Hospitality Administration
Point of Pride
Students have a successful placement within the industry after their internship.