Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person, Blended, or Online
The Bachelor of Arts in History is housed within the College of Arts & Humanities. In addition to history-specific coursework, this program requires interdisciplinary studies in the areas of economics, political science, geography, communication and behavioral sciences. This program is designated as a recommended option for those pre-law students intending to apply for law school after completion of their undergraduate degree.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Make professional presentations
- Pursuit of scholarly publications
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze, evaluate and integrate relevant facts by stating, defending and testing a thesis or hypothesis.
- Historical reasoning and knowledge of the past, including development of human society and culture.
- Understanding core concepts in government and politics, international relations, political theory and geography.
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Political Advisor
Alumni of our program work at:
- Russellville High School
- Trinity MultiFamily
- Forca Martial Arts
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Law School (external)
- Master of Arts in History (ATU)
- Ph.D. (external)
Point of Pride
Students have access to the National Social Science Association, the National Council for the Social Studies, the American Association for State and Local History, the American Historical Association and Phi Alpha Theta.
IT'S TIME TO STEP UP
Find out how we will empower you to meet every challenge head-on.