Recreation and Park
Administration - Interpretation
Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Interpretation Emphasis prepares students to lead communications about nature, culture, and history related to parks, recreation areas, museums, or other organizations in which they work. The program helps prepare students in a variety of fields including public speaking, history, and anthropology so they are equipped to ensure park patrons have a positive experience visiting local, state, and federal parks.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Students will participate in a variety of activities and demonstrations.
- Students will visit parks and historic sites to observe and analyze interpretation.
- Students will work in teams to produce presentations and a brochure.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Analysis of visible human behavior.
- Critical thinking about mission, goals, message and audiences.
- Team skills/dependability, participation, presentation, working with others
- The ability to organize material, to develop goals and objectives and to understand how to measure success.
- To understand that history and information from a variety of fields inform our actions today.
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Education Program Specialist
- Museum Director
- Nature Guide
- Park Interpreter
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas Game and Fish Commission
- Arkansas State Parks
- National Park Service
- US Forest Service
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- MS - Natural Resources
- MS - Public History
- ATU's Park/Museum Interpretation Certificate
- National Association for Interpretation Certifications
Point of Pride
Students in our program have a 90% pass rate on the Certified Interpretive Guide certification.
IT'S TIME TO STEP UP
Find out how we will empower you to meet every challenge head-on.