Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person
The chemistry education degree prepares students to teach physical science and chemistry in grades 7 through 12. Students are also expected to complete the courses in education needed for teacher certification as defined by state requirements.
Students learn necessary details of Chemistry teaching and how to work with and teach high school students. The degree leads to a career of great significance with graduates serving a critical role in society while they empower youth to become successful in a wide variety of endeavors.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Training in chemical science laboratories
- Training with chemical science instruments
- Use of technology for teaching science
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Learning how to use different types of technologies for communicating science
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Working with peers in classroom and laboratory
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- College laboratory technician
- High school science teacher
- Professional tutor
- Technical writer
Alumni of our program work at:
- Russellville High School
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- MS degree in chemistry and related fields.
Point of Pride
The program is certified by the American Chemical Society, making it one of 700 plus major programs recognized for excellence.