Recreation and Park Administration - Recreation Sport Management
Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Recreation Sport Management emphasis prepares graduates for managerial positions in the sports and recreation industry including, but not limited to: recreation programs, intramural and recreational sports, golf courses, sports complexes, fitness centers/clubs and sports-related marketing.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Students participate in hands-on leadership and team-building activities.
- Students plan and implement recreation activities for children during Kidsfest.
- Students serve as camp counselors or activity leaders for campers at a 5th-grade outdoor education camp.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Business management
- Critical thinking
- Facility design and management
- Financial management
- Presentation and skills
- Problem solving
- Recreation program planning for diverse populations
- Team building
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Boys and Girls Club Director
- Camp Administrator
- Municipal Parks and Recreation Director
- Sports Complex Manager
Alumni of our program work at:
- ACS Playground Adventures
- Conway Country Club
- Lyons College
- Russellville Parks and Recreation Department
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- MS - Public Administration
- MS - Recreation Administration
- MS - Sports Management
Point of Pride
Our program is the only 4-year COAPRT (Council on Accreditation of Parks, Recreation, Tourism, and Related Professions) Accredited program in the state.