Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Bachelor of Arts in Sociology is housed within the College of Arts and Humanities. This program is designed to prepare students for a wide variety of industries and includes field-specific preparation for continued education at the master’s or doctoral level. Students choosing this degree will be required to complete at least a minor in a secondary field of study, which they can utilize to complement their Sociology knowledge in their occupation of choice.
This program is designated as a recommended option for those Pre-Law students intending to apply for law school after completion of their undergraduate degree. This degree also prepares students to continue their studies in pursuit of counseling licensure or other graduate-level programs after completion of the degree plan.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Project-based activities in courses
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Demonstrated knowledge of field theorists and applicable theories
- Development of qualitative and quantitative research projects
- Legal and ethical ramifications of practitioner decision-making
- Written and oral presentations of researched material
About This Degree
In-State: $232 | Out-of-State: $464
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Social Worker
- Probation and Parole Officer
- Community development officer
- Human resource officer
- Insurance Agent
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas Department of Health
- Graduate-level positions nationally and internationally
- Research opportunities within business and industry sectors
- Various national and international non-profits
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- MS General Psychology
- Other graduate programs
Point of Pride
Since 2015, sociology faculty have received the ATU Faculty Excellence Award in all awarded areas: one each in Teaching and Scholarship and two awards in Service excellence.