Social Studies Education
Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education for teacher licensure in Social Studies is housed within the College of Education, providing a strong emphasis on the History, Political Science, and Economics. Advanced work through teaching internships are required for the program to achieve the licensure requirements in grades 7 through 12.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Make professional presentations
- Pursuit of scholarly publications
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Class management theories and skills to function in a public school classroom.
- Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze, evaluate and integrate relevant facts by stating, defending and testing a thesis or hypothesis.
- Historical reasoning and knowledge of the past, including development of human society and culture.
- Understanding core concepts in government and politics, international relations, political theory and geography.
About This Degree
In-State: $232 | Out-of-State: $464
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Junior high social studies teacher
- Private tutor in social studies
- Senior high social studies teacher
Alumni of our program work at:
- Russellville High School
- Dardanelle High School
- Dover High School
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Master of Arts in History (ATU)
- Master or Arts in Teaching (ATU)
Point of Pride
Our faculty members have strong teaching and research backgrounds, each holding advanced degrees from noted universities.