Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Bachelor of Science (BS) in Information Technology (IT) program is designed to provide students with the skills to improve themselves by preparing them for a career in IT. Students learn how to administer and support the computing infrastructure of an organization. The curriculum consists of an integrated set of courses in programming, networking, web development and administration, database development and administration and systems administration. We offer two tracks:
Track 1 : Programming, Database, and Web
Track 2 : Network and Security
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Learn the basics of computer hardware
- Build modern pcs in a lab environment
- Create a network patch cable
- Setup and administer network servers
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- How to write computer programs
- Skills to create their own apps
- Learn to work effectively in groups
- Critical thinking skills in advanced IT topics
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- System analyst
- Software developer
- Computer programmer
- Business process engineer
Alumni of our program work at:
- Walmart corporate offices
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Science in Health Informatics
- Master of Science in Emergency Management and Homeland Security
Point of Pride
ATU was the first public university in Arkansas to offer a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology.
IT'S TIME TO STEP UP
Find out how we will empower you to meet every challenge head-on.