LPN to BSN Program
Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person
The Department of Nursing offers a LPN-BSN program for licensed psychiatric technician nurses (LPTN) and licensed practical nurses (LPN). This program offers students a program of study to transition from an LPN/LPTN to a baccalaureate prepared registered nurse. LPN/LPTN to BSN students receive credit for up to 17 hours of nursing coursework per the Arkansas Nursing Education Progression Model. LPN/LPTN students receive advanced placement in the BSN program and receive instruction through classroom, skills and simulation laboratory work as well as clinical assignments in various health care facilities. Upon completion of degree requirements for the LPN-BSN, the student will be eligible to sit for the national examination (NCLEX-RN) for licensure. The program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Clinicals in various healthcare facilities
- High Fidelity Simulation
- Nursing skills
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Application of critical thinking to healthcare decisions
- Core understanding of human anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology
- Demonstrating mastery of nursing skills
- How to plan implement and evaluate theory-based therapeutic nursing care to patients, their families and the community
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Home Health Nurse
- Hospice Nurse
- Hospital- Medical-Surgical, Intensive Care, Pediatrics, Obstetrics, Oncology, Emergency Room, Surgery, Orthopedics
- School Nurse
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital
- Baptist Health
- Johnson Regional Medical Center
- Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Master of Science in Nursing in:
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nurse Midwife
- Nurse Practitioner
Point of Pride
Study.com ranked BSN program #39 in the country in 2020.