Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Pre-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing offers students a program of study to become a registered nurse. Satisfactory completion of eight semesters of general education, course prerequisites and upper-division professional nursing courses are required for the BSN Pre-licensure program. Upon acceptance into the program, students will receive instruction through classroom, skills and simulation laboratory work as well as clinical assignments in various health care facilities. Upon completion of degree requirements for the Pre-licensure BSN, the student will be eligible to sit for the national examination (NCLEX-RN) for licensure. The program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Clinicals in various healthcare facilities
- High Fidelity Simulation
- Nursing skills
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Application of critical thinking to healthcare decisions
- Core understanding of human anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology
- Demonstrating mastery of nursing skills
- How to plan implement and evaluate theory-based therapeutic nursing care to patients, their families and the community
About This Degree
In-State: $232 | Out-of-State: $464
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Home Health Nurse
- Hospice Nurse
- Hospital- Medical-Surgical, Intensive Care, Pediatrics, Obstetrics, Oncology, Emergency Room, Surgery, Orthopedics
- School Nurse
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital
- Chamber’s Memorial Hospital
- Johnson Regional Medical Center
- Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Master of Science in Nursing in:
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nurse Midwife
- Nurse Practitioner
Point of Pride
Study.com ranked the ATU Nursing program #1 in Arkansas and among the top 40 in the nation for Bachelor of Science Nursing Programs.