Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Bachelor of Art in Art Education degree is designed to prepare teacher candidates for teaching careers in grades K-12 Art Education. The program recognizes three essential components in the education of a prospective teacher: a strong general education, an in-depth knowledge of the Art field and the developmental characteristics and diversity of K-12 student learners.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Internship I and II students will work full-time in a cooperating school with a capable mentor teacher.
The period of internship is considered by many to be the most vital phase of professional development for pre-service teachers.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Art Concepts, implementation and pedagogy
- Critical Analysis
- Proficiency in the use of art tools, materials and technology appropriate to the field of art education.
About This Degree
In-State: $232 | Out-of-State: $464
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Art teacher in Arkansas public schools, grades K-12
- Opportunities may also exist within the realms of public education, museum education programs and private teaching to adults and/or children.
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas Department of Education
- Pottsville School District
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Master of Arts
- Master of Fine Art
Point of Pride
Arkansas Tech University is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association. Tech has maintained continuous accreditation since 1930.