Electrical Engineering - Biomedical option
Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person
The biomedical option within the electrical engineering degree program allows graduates to pursue a career in the biomedical engineering discipline or to pursue a graduate degree in biomedical engineering. An additional 15 course credit hours beyond the 122 required for the degree will qualify graduates to apply for a post-graduate medical degree program. Graduates are eligible to practice and become licensed professional engineers.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Labs including digital logic and circuits
- Class projects in electronics and microprocessors
- Senior design projects
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Analyze and solve complex engineering problems
- Design engineering systems to meet design specifications within the best practices and regulation guidelines
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Medical systems design engineer
- Biomedical researcher
- Rehabilitation engineering
- Engineering consultant
Alumni of our program work at:
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering
- Medical professions postgraduate study (for example medical school, dental school, pharmacology)
Point of Pride
The Electrical Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
IT'S TIME TO STEP UP
Find out how we will empower you to meet every challenge head-on.