Criminal Justice & Criminology
Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person, Blended, Online
The criminal justice bachelor’s degree is designed to prepare students for a career in the field of criminal justice, e.g. police work, probation/parole or corrections. In addition, the criminal justice minor is provided for students whose major department requires a minor.
The Criminal Justice bachelor’s degree provides a background for students interested in a career in the field of criminal justice or a related area. Federal law enforcement, state and local police work, probation and parole (juvenile and adult) and corrections are all criminal justice careers. For the student interested in a criminal justice career, a major in Sociology, Psychology or Rehabilitation Science will enhance their credentials for employment in the expanding criminal justice arena.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Collaboration with ATU Public Safety officers
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Students will gain both a theoretical understanding of the criminal justice system through the required courses while elective courses provide practical knowledge of various components of the criminal justice system.
- This program is designed to give students a broad prospective of the American criminal justice system.
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Corrections officer
- Local and state law enforcement officer
- Probation and parole officer
- Social worker
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas State Police
- ATU Public Safety
- Federal Law Enforcement Agencies
- Pope County Sheriff's Office
- Yell County Sheriff's Office
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Master’s and Doctoral programs
Point of Pride
Students with a criminal justice degree are likely to find a job after graduation due to growth in this career field.