Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Bachelor of Arts in Rehabilitation Science is housed within the College of Arts and Humanities and is one of two undergraduate rehabilitation programs in the state of Arkansas. It is designed to prepare students for a variety of social service-based occupations through a foundation in client relations, industry-specific concerns and government agencies. In addition, the program prepares students to enter graduate school in a variety of allied health, mental health and disability related fields.
A unique feature of the program is that students complete a field work or internship option for academic credit. In addition, students enrolled in the program can choose minors in aging, addictions, child welfare and social services and disability studies. The Program also prepares students for graduate school in counseling psychology, rehabilitation counseling, physical therapy, occupational therapy, social work and other fields.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Internships with field-placement.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Completion of community-based service case studies.
- Evaluation of workload, effective service and client needs.
- Students can expect to learn case advocacy from intake to placement.
About This Degree
In-State: $232 | Out-of-State: $464
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Case manager
- Child welfare advocate
- Probation and parole officer
Alumni of our program work at:
- Department of Children and Family Services
- Department of Human Services
- Friendship Services
- Restored Life Services (Addictions Treatment)
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Graduate programs in occupational therapy, physical therapy, counseling or social work.
Point of Pride
The program is currently listed on the Registry for the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs.