Nursing Administration and Emergency Management (MSN)
Master's Degree | Russellville Campus | Online
The MSN degree offers students a specialized program of study to serve the educational needs of professional nurses actively engaged or planning to enter a profession related to administration, leadership and emergency management in a variety of healthcare settings. The curriculum utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to integrate principles of nursing administration with principles of emergency management. Nursing professionals with this advanced education will provide expertise to benefit healthcare, community and government agencies and the general public
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Students select a research question of interest related to nursing administration and create a professional poster that the student will present at a professional meeting during their graduate study.
- Students choosing the administrative track select a health care setting and a nurse administrator/executive for an administrative practicum experience.
- Students complete a thesis or non-thesis project option at the end of the program. This capstone experience is selected by the student based on personal interest and professional career goals.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Participate in research, disseminate results, and incorporate research findings into the role of the nurse administrator.
- Assume leadership roles in managing care in a variety of health care settings.
- Participate in developing emergency/disaster response plans for health care agencies.
- Influence state and national healthcare policy based on current research evidence.
- Assess educational needs of health care staff, emergency medical personnel, and others related to mass casualty incidents, and implement programs specific to those needs.
- Provide leadership in knowledge development and the evaluation of educational programs.
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Nursing Consultant
- Nurse Administrator
- Research Nurse
Alumni of our program work at:
- Saint Marys Regional Medical Center
- Conway Regional Medical Center
- Baptist Hospital
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Certified Nurse Manager and Leader (CNML) through the American Organization for Nursing
- Nurse Executive Certification (NE-BC) through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Nursing doctoral program
Point of Pride
Ranked #7 in the 30 Most Affordable Nursing Administration Degree Programs in the U.S. 2015