Endorsement in K-12 Dyslexia
Endorsement | Russellville Campus | Online
This endorsement prepares a teacher in Arkansas to serve students as a dyslexia therapist and to work with colleagues to promote accommodation for students with reading difficulties.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Facilitating professional development activities for colleagues
- Field experience
- Unit, lesson plan and assessment development for students with special learning needs
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Creating units, lesson plans, and assessments
- Examining learning data for students with special reading needs
- Working collaboratively with teachers, administrators and parents/guardians
- Working with diverse populations
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Dyslexia Therapist
- Dardanelle School District
- Other districts in Arkansas and surrounding states
- Russellville School District
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
- EdD School Leadership
- Master(s) in Special Education, Instructional Design and Technology, Library Media Specialist, School Counseling, Curriculum Leadership or Educational Leadership
Point of Pride
This one-year program allows current educators a flexible way to complete additional training while continuing to work in the education field.