Master's Degree | Russellville Campus | Online
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Leadership reflects the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL), the National Educational Leadership Preparation (NELP) Building Level Standards and all School Leadership Standards adopted by the state of Arkansas. The program of study is designed to prepare candidates for state licensure as a building-level principal.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- The program requires a one-year Educational Leadership Internship under the mentoring of approved educational administrators. This is usually job-embedded within the student's district
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Students will develop and expand the skills necessary to become an effective educational leader, including active collaboration, critical thinking, the ability to conduct and review research, and understanding of relevant state and federal laws and regulations, etc.
- The program meets the requirements for an Arkansas P-12 building-level principal license.
About This Degree
In-State: $292 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $584 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- P-12 Assistant Principal
- P-12 Principal
- Other Educational Leader
- Arkansas Department of Education
- Numerous school districts across Arkansas
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
- This degree meets the requirements for admission into ATU's Ed.S. in Educational Leadership and subsequent Ed.D. in School Leadership
Point of Pride
The EDLD program is nationally recognized by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and the Specialized Professional Association (SPA) and is fully approved by the Arkansas Department of Secondary and Elementary Education (DESE).