Specialist Degree (Ed.S.) | Russellville Campus | Online
The Educational Specialist Degree program is based on the value-added concept of preparation of school leaders for district level leadership positions such as superintendent and assistant superintendent.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Students are expected to complete internship activities in areas such as school accountability, finance, and facilities as part of the degree requirements.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Develop skills to advocate for high-quality education for students at the local and state levels
- Incorporate ethical reasoning models
- Manage school budgets and facilities
- Promote community relationships
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- School Assistant Superintendent
- School Superintendent
- Arkansas Department of Education
- School districts in Arkansas and throughout the US
- Universities throughout the US
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
- Students who complete the Ed.S. program at ATU can count the 30 Ed.S. hours toward the degree requirements for the doctorate (Ed.D.) degree in educational leadership at ATU.
Point of Pride
Graduates have a 100% pass rate on the national School Superintendent Assessment exam required to obtain a superintendent's license in the state.