Emergency Management and Homeland Security
Master's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Online
The Arkansas Tech University Master of Science degree in Emergency Management and Homeland Security in the College of Engineering and Sciences is designed for existing career professionals in the field and those seeking the academic foundation on which to build a career or pursue a doctorate. The curriculum reflects the latest research and practical applications in the fields of Emergency Management and Homeland Security (EMHS). Our robust and rigorous program provides students the opportunity to study the emerging technology as well as the social, political, legal, ethical, and leadership aspects of EMHS from the perspective of a practitioner and a scholar.
EMHS students may complete the program entirely online, on campus in face-to-face classes, or by hybrid (taking some courses online and on campus). The program is designed for flexibility so that students may manage their full-time employment and family responsibilities.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Practicum (if selected)
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Adaptive and creative thinking
- Critical thinking
- EMHS technology
- Ethical and legal procedures
About This Degree
In-State: $292 | Out-of-State: $584
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery and Mitigation
- Emergency Manager (Public or Private or Humanitarian sector)
- Legislative Policy Advisor
- Public Health Emergency Manager
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas Department of Health
- Arkansas Division of Emergency Management
- Office of Emergency Management (city and county)
- Simmons First National Bank
- Walmart, Inc.
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Law School
- Ph.D. in Emergency Management or Homeland Security
- Professional Business Continuity Certificate
Point of Pride
ATU's Emergency Management & Homeland Security program was the first graduate program of its kind to be accredited nationally or internationally.