Master of Arts in Teaching
Master's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Master of Arts in teaching is a program of study to prepare students for teacher licensure in Arkansas. Students who complete the program of study may be recommended to the Arkansas Department of Elementary and Secondary Education for licensure as teachers in the grade ranges of K-12, 4-12, 4-8 or 7-12 contingent upon area of preparation.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Assessment development
- Field experience
- Unit and lesson plan creation
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Managing of the Classroom Environment
- Methods and Strategies of Instruction
- Planning and Preparation of Lessons
- Professional Responsibilities
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Classroom teacher K-12, 4-8, 4-12 or 7-12
- Atkins School District
- Dardanelle School District
- Russellville School District
- School districts throughout Arkansas and surrounding states
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
- Endorsements in Dyslexia and Special Education
- Master(s) in Educational Technology, Educational Technology, Library Media Specialist, Literacy K-12 or Special Education
Point of Pride
This program provides an opportunity for those who decided to teach after earning their bachelors to be able to do so. Students in this program can already be working in schools.
IT'S TIME TO STEP UP
Find out how we will empower you to meet every challenge head-on.