Doctor of Education in School Leadership
Doctoral Degree | Russellville Campus | Blended
The 33 hours of EDD coursework is offered in a hybrid format. The students meet face to face on Saturdays for the first four semesters before starting their dissertation as an individualized project with a chairperson.
The Ed.D. in School Leadership requires the completion of 63 credit hours above the master’s degree. It is a degree that is intended for scholar/practitioners who will be involved in field-based applied research in partnership with schools or other educational agencies, and who will apply new knowledge and skills at work, and as a result, improve learning and achievement in schools. Because this degree is specific to the field of school leadership, a building-level certification as a leader (principal or instructional leader) is required. In addition, while not required, experience in a school leadership position is highly recommended.
Attention Ed.D. Applicants: This program only admits new cohorts each summer term.
* Applicants for the next cohort must apply between October 1st through March 31 to begin in the upcoming summer term.
* Complete applications will be reviewed and admission decisions will be made in early April.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- The dissertation research experience is student-directed and requires them to collect data, analyze data and report the findings in a report format.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Research competency in both qualitative and quantitative methods.
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Education Consultant
- Higher Education faculty member
- School Principal
- School Superintendent
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas Department of Education
- Arkansas school districts
- University of Arkansas at Monticello
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
John Freeman, Ph.D.
Point of Pride
95% complete the program in the prescribed timeframe.
IT'S TIME TO STEP UP
Find out how we will empower you to meet every challenge head-on.