Graduate Certificate | Russellville Campus | Online
This 15-hour program includes advising coursework in Student Affairs Administration (SAA) to prepare individuals entering the field of collegiate advising. The program also provides a benefit to experienced advisors who wish to enhance their knowledge or will give those with an interest in serving in an advising role the skills and competencies they need to be effective. Students are introduced to advising in broad terms and exposed to the main types of advising common in higher education institutions. Students admitted into the SAA master’s program can add the advising certificate to their degree and work toward earning the certificate simultaneously. Students seeking both the master’s degree and the certificate at the same time will complete 39 hours in SAA graduate courses.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Students must complete a 100-hour practicum experience related to advising different from any current work.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Practical experience in their practicum
- Skills necessary for advising student groups
- Theories of academic advising
- Theories of career advising, counseling and helping skills
About This Degree
In-State: $292 | Out-of-State: $584
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Academic Advisor
- Career Advisor
- Student Activities Coordinator
- TRIO advisor
Alumni of our program work at:
- Hendrix College
- University of Arkansas
- University of Texas-Tyler
- University of Western States
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- M.S. in Student Affairs Administration
Point of Pride
This is the first Graduate Certificate in Advising offered in the state.