Master's Degree | Russellville Campus | Online
The Master of Science in Health Informatics is a specialized program to serve the increasing workforce needs in health information technology. The curriculum utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to include healthcare delivery concepts with information technology. Courses are designed to prepare graduates in privacy and security of healthcare information, leadership and policy within the healthcare environment, as well as emerging concepts in information technology related to the healthcare setting.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Students have the opportunity for a capstone research project. The program director works closely with each student to align the project with their personal career goals and this is many times a hands-on learning project.
- Students have worked with rural clinics to aid in security and privacy of electronic health record implementation, provided an internship at a large hospital to aid in data analytics and many others.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Analyze clinical data for research and public policy
- Recognize and apply personal leadership qualities in healthcare management
- Develop strategic plans in the area of health information technology
- Promote health information technology as a decision support resource in advancing the quality of healthcare
- Discuss the scope of HIPAA as well as other privacy and security policies and procedures as related to the health information technology environment
- Recognize the role of database management and the impact on healthcare organizations
- Explain the process of developing healthcare policy
- Discuss the impact of federal and state policy on healthcare organizations as well as consumers
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Chief Information Officer of a healthcare system
- Electronic health record (EHR) vendor sales and support
- Public health analysis
- Careers related to the improvement of quality health care and innovative care ideology
Alumni of our program work at:
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Trust HCS Consulting
- Arkansas Department of Health
- Arkansas Children's Hospital
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Doctoral degrees in the area of healthcare or data analytics
Point of Pride
The Arkansas Tech University Health Informatics program was the first program of its kind in Arkansas. It began after seeing the need for professionals in the healthcare field that had an education in both information technology as well as healthcare.
IT'S TIME TO STEP UP
Find out how we will empower you to meet every challenge head-on.
Learn more about Health Informatics