Master's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
Our multimedia journalism program is about the story primarily. You will learn and practice how to find, how to get and how to tell the story in ways that resonate in today’s digital age. To prepare you for careers in the rapidly changing media landscape, our program provides multiple production courses including Digital Storytelling, Video Production for New Media, Multimedia Publishing, Journalistic Writing for Multimedia and Professional Portfolio. By getting diverse hands-on experience in auditory, visual, explanatory and narrative storytelling, you will build up the professional-level journalistic and technical skills that the current media industry is seeking.
Among 30 credits hours, 24 required hours are delivered via face-to-face environments. Students can choose 6 elective hours from the list of eight elective classes in which four electives are online classes.
The coursework entails a minimum of 30 credit hours including a professional project. Classes will cover diverse theoretical, practical and technical aspects of journalism discipline including the application of recently developed social media platforms.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- The Multimedia Journalism program provides diverse hands-on experience opportunities including but not limited to working with professional-level digital production devices, facilities and production software.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Achieve fundamental multimedia journalism skills in reporting, writing and storytelling.
About This Degree
In-State: $292 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $584 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Communication Specialist at various companies
Alumni of our program work at:
- FOX4 News Kansas City
- ESPN Arkansas, Arkansas PBS
- Youth Resource Center in Port-au-Prince (Haiti)
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Students can pursue a Ph.D. in journalism, communication, or a related field.
Point of Pride
The Multi Media Journalism program produces graduates who lead in communicating stories of all types in video, audio, and digital means.