Master of Education K-12 Literacy
Master's Degree | Russellville Campus | Online
This 36-hour graduate program will prepare K-12 Literacy Specialists to work with students and other professionals in continuously improving the literacy knowledge and skills of the students in the school/district and to serve as professional advocates in this area.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Facilitating professional development activities for colleagues
- Field experience
- Unit, lesson plan and assessment development
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Effective diagnosis and remediation of reading
- Responsibilities of a Reading Specialist within the school environment
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Classroom teacher
- Reading teacher
- School wide or district wide reading coordinator
- Clinton School District
- Dardanelle School District
- Other school districts across Arkansas and surrounding states
- Russellville School District
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
- EdD School Leadership
- Endorsement in Special Education
- Master(s) in Instructional Design and Technology, Library Media Specialist, Special Education, School Counseling or Special Education
Point of Pride
This is a new program at ATU, and the first group of students graduated in 2020.