School Counseling and Leadership
Master's Degree | Russellville Campus | Blended
There are once per month face to face meetings during the fall and spring semesters. All courses during the summer term are online with optional face to face meetings.
This program is designed to prepare candidates for a degree and eligibility for Arkansas licensure as a school counselor leader. The degree program of study consists of 17 hours of school leadership core courses and 28 hours of school counseling specialty courses. Authentic classroom experiences, representative of daily situations school leaders encounter, are integrated into courses.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Students complete 600 direct services hours during their internship.
- Students complete a career in action plan with a student during one semester course.
- Students complete a case study project working with one K-12 student during one semester course.
- Students conduct group counseling sessions with K-12 students during one semester course.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Active listening
- Career counseling
- Using counseling theoretical strategies to work with students
About This Degree
In-State: $292 | Out-of-State: $584
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- School Counselor
- Clarksville School District
- Dover School District
- Pottsville School District
- Russellville School District
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
- Students could add an additional 15 hours in community counseling for an LPC license.
- Students could complete/pass the Praxis in their preferred middle school area for teaching, complete required professional development requirements, additional licensure requirements, and gain licensure as a middle school teacher.
Point of Pride
The School Counseling and Leadership program has a passing rate of 100% on the Professional School Counselor Praxis exam.