Master's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
When you choose to pursue a Master of Liberal Arts, you are choosing to create your own program. Other graduate degrees at Tech will have an exact list of classes that you have to take with no fluctuation or input from you. The Master of Liberal Arts program is not one program, but a combination of ten different departments coming together to form one interdisciplinary unit.
In the MLA program, you will be able to explore English, Journalism, Music and a number of other departments in the College of Arts and Humanities. While you will choose one main area of study, you will have the opportunity to take a number of classes outside of that focus. The Master of Liberal Arts also provides three options for a final project. Students can choose to complete a final comprehensive exam, a research project, or a creative project, the lattermost of which is unique to the MLA program in all of Arkansas Tech’s graduate programs.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- In the MLA program, students are given the opportunity for hands-on learning with regards to research, creative writing, photography and theater.
- The Research and Creative Projects also allow for hands-on learning in areas only limited by the imagination.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Students are given the opportunity to develop any number of skills depending on the focuses they choose. Over the past few years, just a few of the skills that students have been given the opportunity to learn have been stand-up comedy writing, podcast production, photography, and journalism.
About This Degree
In-State: $292 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $584 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Advertising representative
- Teacher on a secondary or collegiate level
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas Tech University
- Innovative Emergency Management Inc
- Russellville High School
- University of Arkansas
- University of Central Arkansas
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Doctorates in History, Literature or Education
Point of Pride
The ability to complete a final creative project is unique to the MLA program in all of Arkansas Tech’s graduate programs.