Master's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Master of Science in Psychology program at Arkansas Tech University is designed to provide advanced students with sufficient breadth and depth to function in a variety of professional environments. While emphasis is placed on research and Psychological Principles, a concentrated effort is also made to establish the foundation necessary for teaching, practice, post-graduate work, research or any combination of these areas. This program also prepares students to continue their studies in pursuit of counseling licensure or other graduate-level programs after completion of the degree plan.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Assist in research
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Demonstrated knowledge of field theorists and applicable theories
- Development of qualitative and quantitative research projects
- Legal and ethical ramifications of practitioner decision-making
- Written and oral presentations of researched material
About This Degree
In-State: $292 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $584 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Social worker
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas Department of Health and Human Services
- Local and national social services
- Non-profit positions statewide
- Research and doctoral positions at national and international universities
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Doctoral programs in psychology
Point of Pride
Our program offers both a thesis and non-thesis option to ensure students are prepared for teaching, practice, post-graduate work, research, or any combination of these.