Master of Science in Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences
Master's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person
The Master of Science in Fisheries and Wildlife Science is offered for those who wish to pursue careers in various areas of fisheries or wildlife science, and for those who wish to obtain a graduate degree before continuing their education at the doctoral level. The Department of Biological Sciences offers the M.S. degree with a thesis or non-thesis option selecting a concentration of study in either fisheries or wildlife science.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- The thesis option requires individual research starting from study design, data collection and analysis and culminating in the production of a thesis.
- Most thesis projects are field-oriented research undertaken under the supervision of a thesis advisor.
- The non-thesis option requires completion of separate research and management practicum courses which typically include research design, data collection and analysis and production of research and management papers.
- Coursework in both degrees includes courses with hands-on components including Forest Ecology and Management, Wetlands, Limnology, Advanced Geographic Information Systems and others.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Critical thinking
- Data analysis
- Independent work
- Research design
- Scientific writing
- Time-management skills
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Fisheries Biologist
- Ph.D. Candidate
- Wildlife Biologist
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas Game and Fish Commission
- South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Forest Service
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Ph.D. in Conservation Science
- Ph.D. in Fisheries Science
- Ph.D. in Wildlife Science
Point of Pride
The ATU Master of Science in Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences degree is a small but highly selective program offering both thesis and non-thesis degree options.