Online Degrees

Learn Online with ATU

Choose from 39 flexible and affordable online programs. Whether you are looking for a short-term credential to enhance an existing degree, or considering a full online degree - you will gain the knowledge needed for a solid footing in your career path.

Short-Term Credentials





Undergraduate Degrees



Graduate Degrees





Whether you’re enrolling in an undergraduate program, pursuing a graduate degree or finishing something you started years ago, Arkansas Tech is focused on helping you achieve your goal. Because your success is our success. From the moment you join the ATU community, you’ll have support every step of the way.

Undergraduate Transfer Returning Graduate International Ozark Campus


If you do not meet the requirements for unconditional admittance or if you need further information about admissions procedures, email the Office of Admissions at You may also reach us by phone at (800) 582-6953 or (479) 968-0343. Unofficial documents can be faxed to (479) 964-0522. All final admission documents should be mailed to:

Arkansas Tech University
Office of Admissions & Student Recruitment
105 W. O Street
Russellville, AR 72801-2222

Arkansas Tech Admissions Requirements

State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)

As of August 11, 2015, Arkansas Tech University is a participant in the SARA initiative, which is a state-level reciprocity process aimed at making the effort to obtain state authorizations more efficient for institutions.  It also makes it easier for students to enroll in distance education programs outside of the state in which they reside.  Institutions that are members of SARA are authorized to provide education to students from all SARA member states.  States and institutions that choose to become members of SARA operate under a set of policies and standards (C-RAC Guidelines) that are overseen by the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) and administered by four regional higher education compacts.  For more information about the SARA initiative and the progress of state and institutional membership, please visit

Click here to see a map of Currently Authorized and SARA states.

C-RAC Guidelines

Interregional Guidelines for the Evaluation of Distance Education, as published by the Council of Regional Accrediting Commissions (2011).

Student Issues and Appeals

Any student enrolled in distance education courses must report a change of address to Arkansas Tech University's Financial Aid Office (479) 968-0399.  Thank you for adhering to this regulation.

For general information, please refer to the Arkansas Tech University Student Handbook.

Student Non-Academic Issues and Appeals

Submit a written request with supporting documentation to

After exhausting the process through ATU, students from outside of Arkansas that are taking online courses through Arkansas Tech, should send complaints to the Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE) using this site:

State Restrictions

Students wishing to enroll in our Education program who reside in Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, NebraskaNevada, Texas or Utah need to contact their state board for requirements:

Connecticut Office of Higher Education: (860) 947-1800
Delaware Department of Education: (302) 857-3388
Georgia Professional Standards Commission:
      Metro Atlanta area OR outside the state of Georgia: (404) 334-6447
      Outside the metro Atlanta area, within the state of Georgia: (800) 869-7775
Minnesota Department of Education, Educator Licensing Division:  (651) 582-8415
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Office of Educator Certification: (573) 751-0051
Nebraska Department of Education, Teacher Certification Division: (402) 471-0739
Nevada Department of Education, Office of Educator Licensure:
    Clark, Lincoln or Nye Counties: (702)486-6458
    All other counties:  (775) 687-5980
Texas Education Agency: (512) 463-9734
Utah State Board of Education: (801) 538-7740

Note: As licensure requirements may change without notice, it is the responsibility of the student to confirm the requirements for licensure in his/her state as it applies to the participation in an out-of-state degree program.

Note to Alabama Students:

Teacher: State authorization to provide a program related to the preparation of teachers or other P-12 school/system personnel does not indicate eligibility for an Alabama certificate. Applicants for an Alabama certificate based on reciprocity must meet Alabama's test requirements and submit a valid, renewable professional educator certificate/license issued by another state at the degree level, grade level, and in the teaching field or area of instructional support for which an Alabama certificate is sought and for which Alabama issues certificate. Applicants for Alabama certification in an area of administration must also document at least three years of full-time employment as an administrator in a P-12 school system(s).

Nursing: State approval of a program to offer Alabama licensed nurses opportunities for advanced degrees does not indicate eligibility for approval to practice as an advanced practice nurse in Alabama. Applicants for approval in Alabama are required to meet the Alabama requirements for national certification, graduation from a specific-type program for the advanced practice approval, and completion of the appropriate application. Any program offering a pre-licensure track to Alabama students shall meet the requirements of the Alabama regulations for pre-licensure programs or the graduates may not be eligible to take the national licensure examination required by the Alabama Board of Nursing to enter the practice.

Note to Ohio Students:

Teacher: Ohio procedures are routinely updated concerning their educational degree policies.  Please call the Ohio Department of Education at 877-644-6338 for their current requirements.