Certificate of Proficiency | Ozark Campus | In-Person
Technicians work under the supervision of a registered pharmacist in hospitals, home infusion pharmacies, community pharmacies and other health care settings. This program will prepare students to enter the pharmacy field and to pursue certification including the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board's PTCB exam.
Hands-on Learning Opportunities
- Pharmacy calculations
- Medical Terminology specific to the pharmacy
- Read and interpret prescriptions, parts of the prescirption, and labeling
Skills You Will Learn
- The history of pharmacy and health care, pharmacy technician role and responsibilities
- Pharmacy technician certification and registration process
- Medical terminology specific to the pharmacy
- Skills to read and interpret prescriptions
- Review of the top drugs
- Skills to identify drugs by generic and brand names, information and pharmacy resources
- Dosage calculations, I.V. flow rates, drug compounding and dose conversions
- Dispensing of prescriptions, inventory control and billing reimbursement
About This Degree
In-State: $129 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $258 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school
code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
The AR Futures grant could cover your expenses for this credential. Check credential eligibility.
You could work as a(n):
- Pharmacy Tech
Alumni of our program work at:
- Village Pharmacy
- Medi Quick Pharmacy
- Walmart Pharmacy
- CVS Pharmacy
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Associate of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Professional Studies
Point of Pride
This career in healthcare provides opportunities to help other people outside of a clinical setting.