Associate Degree | Ozark Campus | In-Person and Online
The Logistic Management AAS is a sequence of courses that will prepare students for careers in the logistics profession. Logistics Management (LGM) focuses on the logistics of planning, implementing, and controlling the effective and efficient flow of goods and services.
Areas covered in this degree comprise basic fundamentals of supply chain management including procurement, executing global supply chains, logistics, manufacturing, warehousing and transportation. It also includes business management, project management, business communications, economics of supply and demand, computer fundamentals and data management skills.
Logistic Managers analyze and coordinate an organization’s supply chain, the system that moves a product from supplier to consumer. They manage the entire life cycle of a product, which includes how a product is acquired, distributed, allocated and delivered.
Hands-on Learning Opportunities
- 150-hour internship in the industry
Skills You Will Learn
- Demonstrate basic understanding of logistic software systems and applications.
- Demonstrate employability skills including effective communication, planning, critical thinking and problem solving, quality customer service skills, and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform demand management to improve efficiency, perform inventory control measures, and optimize warehouse layouts.
- Exhibit the ability to work on a team project, present a professional presentation, and understanding of the sales process.
- Explain the impact of logistics and supply chain operations on a firm's profitability, identifying the steps necessary to evaluate and purchase a new product or service, as well as complete a project plan, basic budget, and presentation.
- Explain the role of transportation and identify the resources needed for domestic and global transactions and shipments.
About This Degree
In-State: $129 | Out-of-State: $258
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
You could work as a(n):
- Operations Manager
- Procurement & Supply Coordinator
- Transportation Coordinator
- Warehouse & Inventory Specialist
Alumni of our program work at:
- Dancor Transit
- Marten Transport
- USA Trucks
- Walmart DC
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Professional Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness
Point of Pride
The Logistics Management Program has received recognition as one of the top 10 Associate Degrees in the nation by Best Colleges.
More information about Logistics Management
Technology and Academic Support Building
1700 Helberg Lane
Ozark, AR 72949
ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS 2019-2021