Early Childhood Education
Associates Degree | Russellville Campus | Online
The Associate of Science in Early Childhood Education is an online degree structured to provide a seamless acquisition of academic requirements for various career levels in occupations related to childcare and early childhood education in the public and private sectors. The early childhood education courses provide the academic requirements for meeting assessment guidelines for the Child Development Associate (CDA) credential. The general education courses can be applied toward the Bachelor of Professional Studies degree in Child Development. This program does not lead to Arkansas teacher licensure.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Field experience
- Unit, lesson plan and assessment development for students in the early childhood setting
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Design developmentally appropriate curriculum and classroom practices
- Develop knowledge and understanding of child development and learning
- Learn health, safety, nutrition, and administrative guidelines
- Value the role of a child's family, culture, and community
About This Degree
In-State: $232 | Out-of-State: $464
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Classroom Para-Professional
- Early Childhood Teacher
Alumni of our program work at:
- Friendship Services
- Head Start
- Public schools in Arkansas and surrounding states
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Professional Studies degree in Child Development
Point of Pride
Officers in the Collegiate Middle Level Association have served as facilitators at the Association of Middle Level Education National Conference.