Associates Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person
The Associate of Science in Nuclear Technology program is designed to allow students to obtain the knowledge base and training necessary to work in one of the many areas in the nuclear field. While many technology degrees, especially at the associate level, are seen as less rigorous paths, the ASNT program at Arkansas Tech University includes most of the same courses as the first two years of the engineering programs. Most graduates of the program continue their education to complete an engineering degree.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Radiation Detection Lab in which students gain hands-on experience in using and understanding a number of radiation detection and counting instruments.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Basic science and operating principles of many uses of nuclear science including nuclear power plants
- Types and consequences of radiation interaction with matter
- Working principles and methods for operating various radiation detection instruments
About This Degree
In-State: $232 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $464 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Health physics technicians
- Radiation technicians
- Well logging technicians
Alumni of our program work at:
- Entergy-Arkansas Nuclear One
- Entergy-River Bend NPP
- Kansas State University (Master's in Nuclear Engineering program)
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering (external)
Point of Pride
Most graduates of the nuclear technology program continue to complete their BSME degree.