Business Technology-Human Resources Management
Associate Degree | Ozark Campus | In-Person or Online
The Human Resources Management program of study will prepare students for an entry-level position in the field of human resources. Students will focus on local, state and federal employment laws/regulations and learn ethical employment practices. This program option will prepare the student to provide support to companies and employees. Graduates of this program will learn to manage a company's most important assets, its employees.
The Business Technology program is designed to prepare students for careers as an administrative assistant, accounting clerk, computer operator or office manager. Students will gain the professional and computer knowledge for meeting the necessary skills to attain positions in their chosen field. Given the necessary time on the job to build expertise and accumulate experience, students can take advantage of opportunities to advance. Comprehensive computer classes and their applications prepare students for the MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist) certification exam in several Office applications.
Hands-on Learning Opportunities
Skills You Will Learn
- Apply basic accounting principles.
- Apply skills and concepts for the basic use of computer hardware, software, networks, and the Internet in the workplace to solve common business and management problems.
- Apply skills and techniques for legal and ethical business decision making.
- Create oral and written communications for a variety of purposes and audiences using accurate spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Create personal, academic, and business documents following current professional database, desktop publishing, and presentation software and/or industry standards using computing applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, desktop publishing and presentation software.
- Demonstrate professionalism in interpersonal interactions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in keyboarding skills
- Execute the skills necessary to sit for the MOS (Microsoft Office Suite) certification exam.
About This Degree
In-State: $129 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $258 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school
code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
The AR Futures grant could cover your expenses for this credential. Check credential eligibility.
You could work as a(n):
- Accounting Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Computer Operator
- Human Resources Assistant
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas Tech University-Ozark Campus
- Arkansas Valley Electric Cooperative Corporation
- Bank OZK
Point of Pride
Business students from the Ozark Campus have taken more Microsoft Office Specialist Certification exams among all the two-year colleges in the state.
More information Business Technology