ATU-Ozark COVID-19 Facts and FAQs
Information Update as of: February 16, 2022 | 2:00 pm
Arkansas Tech University-Ozark Campus
Arkansas Tech University employees will no longer be required to fill out a daily health screening form before reporting to campus in Russellville and Ozark. Members of the ATU community who test positive for COVID-19, are exposed to COVID-19 or develop symptoms of COVID-19 should continue to report that information to the ATU Health and Wellness Center at https://atu.medicatconnect.com
In addition, there will no longer be a cap on the number of individuals at on-campus indoor gatherings provided those in attendance are wearing face coverings and appropriate social distancing is observed.
The two updates go into effect immediately.
Other provisions of the ATU COVID-19 management plan, including the requirement of face coverings at indoor, congregational settings(including classrooms), remain in effect.
The ATU COVID-19 task force will continue to monitor data and guidance from medical and public health experts. Any further changes to the ATU COVID-19 management plan will be communicated to the Arkansas Tech community as they are made.
Visit www.atu.edu/pandemicrecovery for more information about ATU's response to and mitigation of the COVID-19 pandemic.
review covid19 management plan
ACTIVE CASES AT ATU
18 active COVID-19 cases at the Russellville campus
0 active COVID-19 cases at the Ozark Campus
If you would like to know the current number of active cases, please reach out to the ATU-Ozark's Office of Public Safety at 479-508-3359.
HOW ATU LEARNS OF POSITIVE COVID-19 CASES
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advises that all individuals age 16 or older should get a COVID-19 vaccine "as soon as possible." The CDC goes on to state that "widespread vaccination is a critical tool to help stop the pandemic."
Details about vaccinations are regularly updated by the CDC on this website: Key Things To Know About COVID-19 Vaccines
FIND A VACCINE PROVIDER
Members of the Arkansas Tech University community who have not already been vaccinated and wish to receive a COVID-19 vaccine may consult these resources to identify the most convenient provider:
For more information about COVID-19 vaccines, contact the ATU Health and Wellness Center (479) 968.0329.
- Recovery Framework Cover Letter
- Recovery Framework
- Recovery Checklist
- COVID-19 Information for the State of Arkansas Page
- Arkansas Department of Health
OFFICIAL INFORMATION NOTICE
Please make sure your cell phone numbers and contact information is current in your ATU Alert account. Do not believe rumors or any statements about outbreaks or class cancellations that are not direct from one or more of the following:
- the ATU main website, www.atu.edu
- the ATU- Ozark website, www.atu.edu/ozark
- the official University social media accounts http://www.facebook.com/arkansastech, https://twitter.com/arkansastech, https://www.facebook.com/ATUOzark/, https://twitter.com/ATUOzark
- by official email to your ATU account; or
- by direct text message from ATU Alert.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) was passed by Congress to help provide economic relief from the national emergency created by COVID-19. One portion of the CARES Act established the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) which provides the opportunity for emergency financial aid grants to help cover a student's expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. For more information, eligibility and to apply, visit https://www.atu.edu/finaid/CARES.php
UNITED WAY 2-1-1
The United Way of Fort Smith Area in partnership with the United Way of Northwest Arkansas, has implemented a 2-1-1 call center for Sebastian, Crawford, Logan, Franklin, and Scott Counties. The 2-1-1 call center will be an incredible resource for local citizens to have access to speak live to a well-trained information and referral operator to get needed information 24 hours a day. 2-1-1 can be accessed by simply dialing 2-1-1 or going to http://arkansas211.org . Visit https://unitedwayfortsmith.org/covid-19-updates/ to learn about United Way of Fort Smith Area's Covid-19 updates and check out their Community Resource Guide.
LEGAL AID's GUIDES TO EMERGENCY BENEFITS
Covid-19 Guide to Benefits - English
Covid-19 Guide to Benefits - Spanish
STUDENTS Safely Return
Arkansas Tech remains on track for our return to full engagement on June 1, 2021
- How Employees Safely Return to Campus
- What happens if I test positive?
- Recovery Planning Checklist
- Human Resources COVID-19 Information
- Accommodation Request-Employees
- Mask Recommendations
- Hand Hygiene Recommendations
- What to do if you are exposed to COVID-19
- Cleaning Procedures
- Addressing COVIS-19 Bias
- All Videos
COVID-19 REPORTING FORM
Please go to the link below, log in using your OneTech user name and password, click "forms", and open the form called "COVIS-19 Reporting Form".
Complete the form to report any of the following:
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19
- if you have been exposed to COVID-19
- If you have been tested for COVIS-19
The ATU Travel Office is reviewing all travel relative to the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Please review the CDC helpful guidance for travelers. During your travels, stay informed about developments and watch for advisories that could impact your journey and/or your return.
- The CDC now recommends travelers, particularly those with underlying health issues, defer all cruise ship travel worldwide.
If you have concern about travel within the United States for events, please discuss that with your supervisor/instructor/department. Any travel into or through areas listed by the CDC, ADH or U.S. State Department as requiring quarantine may limit your ability to return to campus. Please take into consideration these potential impacts of any travel – official or personal. If you have concerns about any upcoming travel, international or domestic, please reach out to your instructor, supervisor, or the ATU Travel Office.
To slow the spread of Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) into the United States, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention is working with state and local public health partners to implement after-travel health precautions.
Click on the link below to read more about the CDC after-travel precautions for individuals who have traveled abroad to certain countries:
In accordance with this guidance from the CDC and the Arkansas Governor’s office, Arkansas Tech University has made the following determinations:
- Cancellation of all out-of-state travel by any ATU employees or ATU-sponsored groups.
- Cancellation or postponement of international travel by ATU-sanctioned programs for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester. A decision on future semesters, including summer 2020, will be made as more information becomes available.
- Members of the University community who have engaged in international travel should stay home for 14 days from the time they left an area with widespread, ongoing community spread (Level 3 Travel Health Notice countries) and practice social distancing.
ATU CAMPUS RESPONSE
ATU’s leadership is monitoring the national and regional situations. The CDC’s guidance recommends that universities use their existing pandemic illness plans to prepare for COVID-19. A review of this plan and assignment of key tasks to members of the University’s COVID-19 task force to prepare for potential implementation is ongoing.
ATU is coordinating and cooperating with the Pope County Local Emergency Planning Committee, which is the lead agency under the state of Arkansas emergency operations plan.
The ATU Facilities Management custodial team utilizes EPA-registered disinfectants to clean common surfaces on campus.
Look for hand sanitizer dispensers located around campus in offices and other facilities.
In campus bathrooms, make sure to use good technique and wash hands at least 20 seconds. To learn more, watch this video from the CDC or go to this website page on healthy handwashing.
Beyond your own personal efforts to clean and keep common areas disinfected, Facilities Management has additional tools at its disposal in the event for the need to clean areas.