How Employees Safely Return to Campus
As Arkansas Tech University remains on track for our return to full engagement on June 1, please allow us to share some important safety information as well as procedural changes for the 2020-21 academic year.
- All employees are required to wear a mask during times on campus.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds covering all
surfaces of your hand. Hand washing should be performed:
- after you have been in a public place
- after using the restroom
- before eating
- after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
- anytime hands are visibly soiled
- After touching frequently touched surfaces such as door handles and counters
- Hand sanitizer for personal use will be valuable in preventing the spread of COVID-19 while on campus. ATU is increasing the amount of hand sanitizer available to employees so please use frequently.
- Disinfectant wipes and disinfectant sprays are recommended to clean surfaces throughout
the day that may be contaminated.
- Classrooms should be disinfected between classes and work areas should be cleaned
throughout the day, especially shared resources such as phones.
- Increased cleaning protocols will be in place in public areas and classrooms, as well as for objects that are easily contaminated and high touch surfaces, such as doorknobs and light switches. Detailed information about cleaning protocols can be found at www.atu.edu/facilities
- When possible, please continue to conduct meetings virtually. If meetings are conducted in person, social distancing guidelines should be followed.
- Finally, you will also notice updated signs throughout campus buildings providing instructions and reminders. Please take note and read this important information. Follow traffic flow signs and directions to allow for social distancing measures.
Keeping Campus Safe
This won’t always be easy. We will need to be patient as this will be a constantly changing process and we are still getting used to these changes and transitions. We need to continuously remind ourselves of the importance of following social distancing guidelines and what the repercussions could be if we don’t. Staying informed with current recommendations will be one of the most important things we can do.
It is going to take each and every one of us to keep our campus safe and healthy. If you have any questions, concerns, or need more information, don’t hesitate to call the ATU Health and Wellness Center at 479-968-0329. We encourage you to be engaged and be involved in the well-being of your campus community.