How Employees Safely Return to Campus
Arkansas Tech University remains deeply concerned about current COVID 19 Cases. Here
are a few best practices to consider for the 2021-22 academic year.
- All employees are required to wear face coverings regardless of their vaccination
status when indoors in a congregational setting, including classrooms, meeting rooms,
building lobbies and hallways. Faculty and staff members who are alone in their offices
will not be required to wear face coverings.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds covering all
surfaces of your hand. Hand washing should be performed:
- after you have been in a public place
- after using the restroom
- before eating
- after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
- anytime hands are visibly soiled
- After touching frequently touched surfaces such as door handles and counters
- Hand sanitizer for personal use will be valuable in preventing the spread of COVID-19
while on campus. ATU is increasing the amount of hand sanitizer available to employees
so please use frequently.
- Disinfectant wipes and disinfectant sprays are recommended to clean surfaces throughout
the day that may be contaminated.
- Classrooms should be disinfected between classes and work areas should be cleaned
throughout the day, especially shared resources such as phones.
- Increased cleaning protocols will be in place in public areas and classrooms, as well
as for objects that are easily contaminated and high touch surfaces, such as doorknobs
and light switches. Detailed information about cleaning protocols can be found at
- When possible, please continue to conduct meetings virtually. If meetings are conducted
in person, social distancing guidelines should be followed.
- Finally, you will also notice updated signs throughout campus buildings providing
instructions and reminders. Please take note and read this important information.
Follow traffic flow signs and directions to allow for social distancing measures.
Keeping Campus Safe
It is going to take each and every one of us to keep our campus safe and healthy.
If you have any questions, concerns, or need more information, don’t hesitate to call
the ATU Health and Wellness Center at 479-968-0329. We encourage you to be engaged
and be involved in the well-being of your campus community.