Certificate of Proficiency in Spanish for Medical Interpretation
Learning, networking, and career opportunities
The certificate of proficiency in Spanish for Medical Interpretation provides a structured
program for students who plan to work with Spanish speakers in a health-services environment.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Students have opportunities to meet with healthcare professionals.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Become familiar with state and federal regulations that impact the medical treatment
of non-English speakers.
- Improve Spanish linguistics skills that are particularly appropriate to the healthcare
- Learn the ethics of medical interpretation.
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school
code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Patient Representative
- Billing Assistant
- Hospital Administrator
Alumni of our program work at:
- Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center
- Baptist Hospital
- Mercy Health
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who
your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish
Point of Pride
This program is one of ATU's newer certificates to meet the needs of the healthcare
IT'S TIME TO STEP UP
Find out how we will empower you to meet every challenge head-on.