Human Resource Management
Advanced Certificate | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Online
The Advanced Certificate in Human Resources (HR) is a planned program of study focused on the behavioral competencies and functional knowledge areas within the themes of HR Competencies, People, Organization, Workplace and Strategy. The Advanced Certificate prepares a student to take the exam given by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) for the aPHR credential.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- There is an internship requirement where students work under the guidance of a human resources professional for at least 500 hours.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Application of the HR BOK
- Career coaching
- Critical thinking
- Cultural competency and sensitivity
About This Degree
In-State: $232 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $464 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Benefits analyst
- Compensation specialist
- Human resources assistant
- Labor Relations analyst
- Payroll specialist
- Training coordinator
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arc Best
- Express Staffing
- Twin Rivers
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR)
- Bachelor's degree
- Master’s in Human Resource Management
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
- Society of Human Resource Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
Point of Pride
As students complete the required coursework, they will have the opportunity to earn their Ethical Leadership Certificate and Compensation Analyst Credential.