Teaching english to speakers of other languages
Certificate of Proficiency | Russellville Campus | Online or In-Person
The Certificate of Proficiency in TESOL is a free-standing certificate that can be completed unattached to any associate or bachelor’s degree program, affording an efficient path for Arkansans seeking to begin or enhance careers working with English language learners.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Language labs
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Ability to use teaching methods appropriate for English language learners
- Understanding of effective ways to assess English language learners’ skills
- Understanding of how cultural differences affect language learning.
- Understanding of second language acquisition theory
About This Degree
In-State: $232 | Out-of-State: $464
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Educational Specialist in university intensive English programs
- English instructor overseas
- ESOL program aide in K-12 schools
- Instructional aide in adult learner programs
Alumni of our program work at:
- Bentonville High School
- Fort Smith Southside High School
- Barling Elementary
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- B.A. English Education
- M.A. TESOL
Point of Pride
The Certificate of Proficiency in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages is based on our nationally recognized M.A. TESOL, which has been rated second best in the nation by Intelligent.com and as one of the 15 best online programs by TopEducation.com.