What is a P-Card, and do I need one?
The P-Card, or Purchasing Card, is a State sponsored credit card used for making purchases without having a Purchase Order. The P-Card is the preferred method for making small dollar purchases. It is very convenient for shopping online, buying from vendors who do not accept purchase orders, and paying for conference registration fees. A full-time employee may become a cardholder with approval from his or her department head or dean and V.P. If you would like more information about ATU's P-Card program, please give us a call at 968-0269.
How do I apply for a PCard?
- Complete Employee Agreement located under the PCard section of the Procurement website
- Obtain required signatures included on the form
- Procurement notifies you via email concerning application's progress and online PCard training requirements
- Vice-President forwards approved application to Procurement for submittal to Bank of America.
- Complete online PCard training
- Procurement notifies you that card is available for pickup
- You must come to the Procurement Office in person with Tech ID to obtain the card
- P-Card Manual
- Training Slide Presentation
- P-Card Employee Agreement
- P-Card Missing Receipt
- P-Card Transaction Log Instructions
- P-Card Transaction Log
- P-Card Non Allowed List
- P-Card Inventory Purchase Notification Form
- BOA Global Card Access Manual
As an agency of the State of Arkansas, Arkansas Tech University is participating in this program that is designed to help better manage low-dollar supply purchases and bring many benefits to you, the University, and our vendors. The P-Card will facilitate the acquisition of lower dollar goods and services needed for conducting official University business. It is intended that the P-Card be issued to University full- time employees to enhance the University and departmental effectiveness or economy of operations. Liability for payment, total responsibility and accountability for the P-Card transactions resides at the department level. Personal purchases are strictly forbidden and may result in disciplinary action.