About Procurement & Risk Management Services
- To obtain necessary goods and services for all University departments in a cost-effective, efficient and timely manner.
- To secure the highest value for each dollar spent.
- To offer assistance and training opportunities for University faculty and staff to promote understanding and practice of proper purchasing procedures.
- To manage insurance coverage for University property and insure that claims are submitted efficiently.
- To ensure fair and equitable treatment of all persons/vendors who deal with the University.
- To encourage, promote and increase participation in small and minority-owned businesses in the procurement process.
To maintain a high level of professional ethics and integrity.
WHAT WE DO
- Offer assistance via phone, email, or by maintaining a robust website.
- Issue Invitations for Bid, Request for Proposals, and Request for Qualifications.
- Manage PCard (Purchasing Card) program for the University.
- Offer training to departmental members on ATU Procurement processes.
- Review and convert requisitions to purchase orders and placing orders with vendors.
- Establish and maintain strong vendor relationships, including minority owned vendors.
- Act as central point of contact for all campus departments for revenue producing contracts such as Barnes and Noble, Chartwells, Pepsi, and Imperial Vending.
- Submit required reporting to the Office of State Procurement.
- Provide point of contact for property insurance and other University insurance policies.
GENERAL PROCUREMENT GUIDELINES
ATU procurement polices and procedures can be viewed here. Only Procurement and Risk Management Services has the authority to issue purchase orders. Requisitions are "requests" for commodities or services, and do not constitute a legal order. Orders placed by an individual without a purchase order are the financial responsibility of that individual.
If a mandatory State of Arkansas Contract exists for a commodity, the University must order through that contract. Search State of Arkansas Contracts.
All printing regardless of the dollar amount must be bid. Printing is defined as "commercial printer's ink, using a commercial printing press, produced on paper". This does NOT include xerographic or digital copies.
Purchases may not be "split" to avoid a bid situation. If requisitions from two or more departments are received for the same commodity, bids will be issued if the total exceeds the Small Order limit.
The dollar limit for petty cash is $75.00. Contact Student Accounts at 968-0271 for additional information.