We’re here to assist faculty, staff, and students in securing funding to help them
meet their goals.
Our office focuses on pre-award administration and helps:
- Find external funding: We subscribe to SPIN, a funding database. Please let us know if you would like help
learning how to search and set up daily/ weekly emailed search results. Also reach
out to us so we can hear about what you’re interested in pursuing. We may be able
to direct you to other resources and keep an eye out for funding opportunities.
- Interpret sponsor regulations and guidelines: We will review any funding opportunities you’re interested in to help assess our
- Budget creation: We will work with you to determine what your budgetary needs are, as well as incorporate
other factors such as funding agency limitations or set rates (fringe benefits, indirect
- Proposal forms and documents: We will help you understand required forms, for example your bio sketch, current
and pending support document.
- Submit the proposal: All proposals, whether new or continuing, must be processed through our office for
formal ATU approval and signature prior to submission to external sponsors.